It’s the worst feeling to feel underappreciated for all your efforts. By reading through feeling unappreciated quotes, it’ll make you feel much better.
Is there anything worse than feeling like nothing you do makes a difference to those around you? Feeling unappreciated is one of the most difficult feelings to bear. Reading through quotes of feeling underappreciated might make things a lot better for you.
It let you feel understood and heard about everything you’re going through. Others might not say it out loud, but there’s the implication that your efforts aren’t enough for them. Whatever you do, no matter how hard you push through it, nothing is ever enough.
Even if you’re not doing anything for yourself any longer as a result of reaching the expectations of others, it’s still not enough. A relationship is supposed to be about give and take, but if all you feel is taken for granted, that is not healthy for anyone involved.
By reading through quotes of feeling underappreciated, then you can hold on to the assurance you’re not alone in your struggle. [Read: 16 reasons why it’s so easy for everyone to take you for granted]
What are quotes of feeling underappreciated for?
When you feel underappreciated, then it’s also highly possible to feel more alone than ever. When you read through quotes of feeling underappreciated, then you feel much better about yourself.
Quotes can help you feel less alone in the world and put everything you’re feeling into words. [Read: Are you a giver who’s feeling unappreciated in a relationship?]
It can be frustrating when people fail to see your efforts and genuineness, so by reading through feeling underappreciated quotes, you have a way of releasing your frustrations. It might not necessarily change your situation, but it can certainly help make you feel better *and hopefully, shed light on what to do.*
31 unappreciated quotes to help you understand yourself
If these 31 quotations about feeling unappreciated strike a chord with you, inspire you, or make you feel less alone, then use them as the catalyst for change in your life and your relationship.
1. “Some people aren’t loyal to you… they are loyal to their need of you… once their needs change, so does their loyalty.”
If someone is only loyal to you because they want something from you, that means you are interchangeable. People don’t appreciate you simply because their intentions aren’t coming from their hearts.
All they’re interested in is using you and manipulating you. No matter how genuine your intentions are, if theirs aren’t, then you’ll always feel underappreciated. [Read: How to recognize and end toxic relationships]
2. “Just remember when you’re ignoring her, you’re teaching her to live without you.”
When you first feel ignored, it is not unlikely to become the crazy girlfriend, screaming, starting fights, basically doing anything to be heard. If you have gotten to the point where you are past that stage and really have nothing at all to say, you begin to see you can stand just fine on your own. So do so!
3. “My low self-esteem does not get better by you telling me I’m pretty.”
We all yearn to be loved for who we are on the inside, not the out. If that is all he can say when you are emotionally naked in front of him, then he really doesn’t get it or you at all.
There’s more to you than your physical appearance, such as maybe your intellect or passions. If all he manages is to focus on your physique, then this isn’t someone you want to have around in your life.
4. “It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible, instead, I feel painfully visible and entirely ignored.”
Being invisible makes you feel like you could disappear, and he would just replace you without skipping a beat. This is one of the quotes on feeling underappreciated that will highlight the days you feel invisible to even the people you love most.
It just makes you feel inadequate, no matter how much you want them to notice you. [Read: The science behind craving them more when you feel ignored]
5. “You need to stop doing things for someone when you find it’s expected rather than appreciated.”
Often those extra things we do in our relationships to make someone happy turn into the norm and what’s expected. Don’t be fooled into believing that all the nice things you do are merely what anyone would. If you are to exert effort, it should be because you want to do it for them.
Otherwise, you’ll end up resenting them because you did what was expected, which they ended up not appreciating.
6. “Resentment is an early warning signal for needed change.”
Resentment only grows. If you can’t nip it in the bud, it’s like cancer and eats away at your self-worth and your feelings toward your significant other.
You see this often in relationships, and unless that person does something about their behavior, the resentment and anger aren’t just going to go away. Resentment is a cry for help to change something in your life.
7. “My only regret is that I didn’t tell enough people to f*ck off.”
Learning to say no, telling people to f*ck off, or not caring about what people think is a very hard emotional place to get to. If you get there, however, it is one of the most liberating ways to live a happy and more well-adjusted life.
This is one of the quotes of feeling underappreciated that just makes you tell people to f*ck off when they don’t appreciate you enough. [Read: 20 signs you’re a people pleaser and don’t realize it]
8. “Don’t forget a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” – H. Jackson Brown
If he says he doesn’t care about how you feel about him, he lied. Anyone in their right mind would want to feel appreciated and acknowledged for their existence. Try treating him with the same disinterest and see how well he handles it.
9. “It’s simple, women only nag when they feel unappreciated.”
Why do women nag? I rarely hear them nag outside of a relationship. Why do women nag? I rarely hear them nag outside of a relationship. This might be something you don’t understand for women, but they get exhausted from not being appreciated enough that their only outlet is by nagging.
It’s a terrible trait, but wouldn’t you nag if you don’t feel appreciated enough? [Read: 13 needy signs you’re too available for your partner]
10. “No text? I understand. No calls? I understand. No time for me? I understand. But when you see me with someone else, I hope you understand.”
If a guy is treating you like you are an accessory in his life, someday he will have to find a new ascot. Communication is essential for any relationship, so if he isn’t even bothering to text you or communicate with you, then drop him. You don’t deserve who shows that kind of disinterest in you.
11. “Staying in a situation where you’re unappreciated isn’t called loyalty. It’s called breaking your own heart.”
Feeling unappreciated is difficult because there are no concrete reasons, just emotions. You need to walk away for your own good instead of waiting for the day they’ll change because what if they never do?
You can’t stay out of obligation, but only merely out of love. Sometimes, even love isn’t enough to stay in a situation where you’re unwanted. [Read: When to walk away from a relationship: Baby boomers vs us]
12. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
If you stay past the point where you are being taken for granted, unfortunately, you have no one to blame but yourself. If you know the right decision to make, whether to walk away or not, then it’s your obligation to yourself to choose your own sanity and peace.
13. “Let me refresh your memory a bit. I was the one who listened to your problems. I was the one who took your bullshit. I was the one who actually cared about you. I was the one who stuck around even when everyone told me to leave. I was the one who stood up for you. I was the one who loved you even when you gave me every reason not to. Lastly, I was the one who was there for you when no one else was.”
Don’t ever give yourself more than you would ask anyone for yourself, especially if it goes unnoticed or falls on deaf ears. Not every person deserves you, no matter how much you care about them. The more you keep emptying parts of yourself for others, you won’t be left with anything in the end.
14. “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.”
This is one of the most empowering feeling underappreciated quotes that will remind you who you are and what you’re capable of. You may think he is the love of your life, and you need him.
But if all he is doing is dragging you down and making you feel lonely, the only thing you need him for is to make yourself unhappy. You survived life without him, and you’ll do it again relentlessly.
15. “One of the hardest parts of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder.”
If you have tried everything and it isn’t working, stop trying. It isn’t working. It’s easy to stay for the chance that they’ll eventually change or be better, but you need to decide when to walk away entirely.
Stop falling for potential and realize that they’re just making you false promises, leaving you to feel underappreciated even more. [Read: 18 emotions you shouldn’t feel in a healthy relationship]
16. “I need to stop doing things for people who wouldn’t do things for me.”
True words to live by, harder in practice. Some people wouldn’t even cross oceans for you and even if the basis of love is being selfless, there comes the point where enough is enough. Know your worth and stop doing things for people they wouldn’t do for you.
17. “When you’re always there for people, they stop appreciating you because your favors are now expectations.”
When you continue to do things for people, and they don’t appreciate it from the start, they begin to believe they’re entitled to your love and all that you do. However, you’ll realize along the way that these people are just taking advantage of you because they know you’re always there for them.
18. “Today I feel abandoned, ugly, hurt, like I don’t matter, useless, invisible, like I don’t belong, not worthy of love, hopeless, unappreciated, numb… never mind, I feel like this every day.”
If someone is making you feel any of these emotions for a day, reconsider their influence. If that is all they make you feel, you need to consider packing your bags. You don’t deserve to tolerate a friendship or relationship that makes you feel this inadequate and worthless, so just drop them.
You deserve better people in your life than those who highlight your insecurities. [Read: How to recognize and stop selfish people from hurting you]
19. “Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them.”
It’s always a hard reality to find that you would do way more for someone else than they would ever do for you. There’s someone out there who would love you the way you need. Don’t settle for second best. Assess first on whether they’d be willing to do the same for you before anything else.
20. “Sometimes people don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.”
We are creatures of habit. If someone does something for us over and over, we stop being grateful and we begin to feel entitled. This is one of the many reasons why it’s easy for others to take us for granted. We think they’ll always be there until they stop doing the very thing we got so used to.
If you think someone doesn’t appreciate what you do, find out if that is the truth by discontinuing your kind acts and see what they do.
21. “Sometimes I regret being nice, apologizing when I didn’t do anything wrong, and making unworthy people a priority in my life.”
If you’re a pleaser, life feels pretty unappreciative. You end up going the extra mile for people in your life, even when they don’t really deserve it. This is one of the feeling underappreciated quotes that can really make you feel understood about what you’re going through.
22. “I know what I bring to the table so trust I’m not afraid to eat alone.”
At some point, you have to look around and ask yourself if you are staying with someone because they are good for you, or if you are afraid to be without them. Own your self-worth and embrace what you can bring to the table.
After all, it’s much better to be alone than to be with someone who doesn’t appreciate you. [Read: 15 revealing truths about feeling alone in a relationship]
23. “Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart not plays with it.”
Love is a two-way street. If you got on only going one way, it may be time to find the exit ramp. Be with someone who deserves your entire heart, rather than someone too busy playing games with you.
24. “A man’s biggest mistake is giving another man an opportunity to make his woman smile.”
Not all men are the same. There’s someone out there who will appreciate the things you do, I promise. Even if you feel underappreciated right now, another man will treat you like his entire world and give you what someone else couldn’t.
25. “I pushed everyone aside for you, and you pushed me aside for everyone.”
If you make them the priority and sacrifice yourself, yet they aren’t sacrificing for you, it’s time to move along. Love is selfless, but you also shouldn’t settle for someone who’s not willing to even meet you halfway.
Relationships are about mutual effort, so if he’s not giving you even some form of sacrifice, he’s not worth it. [Read: 14 signs your best friend isn’t your best friend anymore]
26. “If someone doesn’t appreciate your presence make them appreciate your absence.”
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so be absent and see what happens. It’s ironic how people only appreciate you when you’re gone and create space away from them. Distance really does give you the perspective you need.
27. “There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t jump puddles for you.”
It isn’t a case of the more you do, the more they will appreciate you. It is more like the more you do, the more they will take you for granted and expect.
This is one of the feeling underappreciated quotes that will open you eyes to how the things you do for people, they aren’t willing to do the same. [Read: Why you should never make someone a priority when you’re only an option to them]
28. “It’s sad when you realize those who you cared so much about could be so careless about you.”
Some men just aren’t capable of loving you the way you need. It isn’t your fault, but it becomes your fault if you stay in a bad situation. People can surprise you on the most insane things, so watch out for when they reveal who they truly are in these circumstances.
29. “We live in a world of disposable things, but you are not one of them. You are irreplaceable, one-of-a-kind, and there will never be another you. You are not disposable. Do not let anyone tell you differently.”
Sometimes they don’t say it directly, but their actions speak louder than words. If they’re making you feel replaceable, it’s time to let them try to find someone as awesome as you to replace you.
Don’t ever believe them when they say that you’re easily replaceable because that isn’t true. [Read: Am I being taken for granted? 16 discreet signs]
30. “Some say I’m too sensitive, but the truth is I just feel too much. Every word, every action, and every energy goes straight to my heart.”
It’s okay to be a highly-sensitive person, it just means you have to find a personality style that better understands you enough to be yourself. You aren’t too soft or weak for the world; it’s them that’s too cold and harsh for you.
31. “People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the road is in chaos is things are being loved, and people are being used.”
If you are feeling used, maybe it is time to hit the road. Drop them immediately as you don’t deserve someone who intends just to use you and take advantage of you.
So what are the words about feeling inferior?
These quotes can be of great help when you feel that the people in your life don’t appreciate you enough. Or are they taking you in vain? It was one of the worst feelings in the world. So words really help a lot.
Reading quotes that feel inferior can make you feel less alone when people refer to you. not easy But finding the right words can help you differentiate your feelings.