Like many dog owners, there are probably times when you wish your dog was better behaved. In fact, you may be wishing that most of the time!
There are many systems that claim to be able to help you train your dog. Daniel Stevens’ Secrets to Dog Training is probably the best known of all of the dog training systems that you can get online. But is it what you need? Does it work for real owners and their dogs? I’m going to take a look at the issues and see whether this can help you resolve them.
What’s in Secrets to Dog Training?
- The 260-page downloadable manual setting out Daniel Stevens’ system for training your dog
- A 30 minute ‘quick start’ video introducing you to the system
- Access to a private members’ forum where you can ask questions about your own dog, chat with other members and consult with the Secrets to Dog Training team.
Being able to ask questions is very beneficial and not something that you would get if you just bought a book or ebook on how to train your dog. All dogs are different and our lives are different. It’s important to be able to get feedback on your dog’s individual behavior patterns and circumstances.
Why not go to dog obedience classes?
Dog obedience classes can be helpful but there’s a danger that both you and the dog will think of training as being something that only happens in a certain place at a certain time.
It’s easier to avoid that if you use a system that stresses training in everyday life with your dog.
One of Daniel Stevens’ strongest points is that we are training our dogs all of the time, whether we intend to or not. It’s vital to recognize that if you want your dog to adjust his or her behavior.
You may have heard this before…
Secrets to Dog Training has a lot of specific advice like this. Some of it, you will probably have heard before. But other points could bring about an ‘aha’ moment that could make a big difference to the way you and your dog relate.
For example, there’s information on toilet training your dog. Maybe that’s not something your dog has a problem with. I think it’s still worth reading that section because you can pick up little snippets as well as getting a good overview of the attitude that Daniel suggests you take with your dog.
With a system like this, it’s important not to write it off just because you see some familiar ideas. The point is that it’s not enough to know what you should be doing with your dog. You need something that actually makes you do it!
If that’s your situation, Secrets to Dog Training could work very well for you.
Don’t expect your dog to change overnight
It’s important to keep this in mind when you start on Daniel Stevens’ system: it’s not going to work instantly. After all, if your dog was that easy to train, you wouldn’t have a problem.
It won’t work if you get frustrated or impatient and start trying to cut corners or apply some other system that you’ve found. The number one rule in dog training is to be consistent. You need to keep doing the same thing over and over … and over!
If you’re prepared to do that, then the benefits for both you and your dog could be huge. One of the best things that you’ll hear from people who have successfully trained their dog is how much happier the dog is. When they know what you want them to do, they just feel so much more secure.
Benefits of Secrets to Dog Training
- You can resolve biting, digging, aggression, chewing, barking, jumping, house training, separation anxiety and so much more with this easy to understand the system.
- You choose whether to buy the hard copy of the Secrets to Dog Training Daniel Stevens program which comes in two CD’s, or you can take advantage of the instantly available download version where you can start training your dog immediately. The Secrets to Dog Training PDF ebook is cheaper as you don’t have to worry about shipping costs or postage delays.
- Learn how to stop your dogfighting with other dogs, how to break up dog fights and how to prevent it from happening again. You will also learn the six strategies to stop dog aggression, all the secrets professional dog trainers have up their sleeves and learn house training methods that offer the quickest results.
- Secrets to Dog Training will also teach you how to deal with a dominant dog, how to tackle separation anxiety and how to stop your dog from jumping up on you. You won’t believe the dramatic and immediate changes in your dog behavior once you start following the easy step by step program.
- Resolve twenty-five dog behavior problems and learn from real case studies while you train your dog like a professional trainer with the best training techniques.
- If you have more than one dog, learn what to watch out for and learn how to get your dog and your cat to live together in harmony. Secrets to Dog Training will show you how to teach your dog any command with ease, what to consider when exercising and powerful techniques that will solve any problem.
The bottom line
All the evidence suggests that Secrets to Dog Training is a solid dog training system that works. With the added benefit of the forum, you should have a good chance of adjusting the behavior of even the most difficult dog if you apply the system consistently.
The price is reasonable and you get instant access so you can start using it right away.